Sunday, October 25, 2009

Virginia Governor Race

The two Virginia delegates running are Creigh Deeds and Bob McDonnell. Deeds is the democrat and McDonnell is the republican. The voting for the candidates in on November 3rd. Creigh Deeds supports things like clean water, improving the quality and runoff, and reducing the runoff. On the environment he wants to reserve more woodland space. He is the pro-chioce candidate that supports Virginians having availabiltiy to quality affordable health care. As far as education goes he wants to up teacher salaries and make college more affordable. He supports using renewable resources more often and I think that is a positive thing about his campaign. After comparing the two candidates I have been talking about Deeds views on the campaign becuase if i could vote I would vote for him. I like his environmental views the most and of course his pro-choice view. The things I didnt like about Mcdonnell and his views were the pro-life view of women not having the right to choose what decisions she makes about her body. I really diskliked that he opposed legislation to to control toxic waste production and against closing landfills that pollute groundwater. I also didnt like that he didnt want to raise teacher's salaries.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with everything you said. I also like Deeds for his environmental views and dislike McDonnell for those reasons you stated. Do you think that Deeds is going to win though? Even though I like him better, I think that his intentions to raise taxes are going to lose him the race.

    ReplyDelete