Sunday, November 1, 2009

My choice

For my choice post to write about I decided to discuss what I learned from taking this Ap government course so far. This class had made me want to be a little bit more aware of what is going on not only in politics but awareness issues around the world in general. It has made me feel as though I should value that I have access to learn about so many issues yet I have choosen to remain ignorant to basically everything that the news, internet, and politics has to offer. I have learned that knowledge really is power and I personally dont have very much knowledge on any educated subjects. I think that throughout this class I will learn even more as to which political party I allign myself with more. Right now the issue that makes me lean democratic is the pro-choice view of democratic candidates. I have discovered that I am very pro-choice and am interested in learning more about pro-life and pro-choice simply so I am educated enough to have a discussion about the topic. So far I have jsut realized I am strongly pro-choice and have only joined a facebook group that supports that view to try and learn a bit more about the actual arguments that go into the debate. Other then that so far I have learned that most Americans dont take the oppurtunity to vote and what seems like long ago people died in wars to defend our freedom and nowadays Americans just waste this precious opportunity. I think so far this class has educated me enough to want to vote when I am eligable in the next election.

No comments:

Post a Comment