For my current event I read about a special-needs bus driver who had a near death experience and what she saw. Laura Geraghty was out for 57 mintues and shocked 21 times before she came back to. The doctors said that to see things of people in your life that arent here anymore or the typical "bright light" is very common for people going into cardiac arrest like Laura. During her near death experience while she was out she reports seeing those who have passed years before in her family. Humans have a "fight or flight" reaction to things like near death experiences. This article discussed the "bright light" and how it could just be the REM you see in dreams. Geraghty is struggling everyday from her near death experience that has changed her life. She believes very strongly that she was in another world beyond us while she was gone and the article has the doctors who worked on her while she was out quoted. He feels the same way.
I have to say if i had a never death experience and fought it I would probably firmly believe I went away and came back if I were to see loved ones who have passed.
Sunday, October 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/10/16/cheating.near.death/index.html
ReplyDelete