Sunday, October 4, 2009

Political Issue I am Interested in

The political issue I am currently interested is teen pregnancy and abortion. I am interested in this issue because I am doing my social conscieness project in english class on the issue. Some things brought up that relate to politics involving teen pregnancy in particular is sex education. This deals with politics because in some schools they are rejecting the state money for teaching and abstinence only programs in favor for a sex education program that is more realistic to and reflecting of the youth today. The abortion issue is obviously in politics because there is huge debate politically on whether having an abortion should be legal or not. Pro-choice and pro-life sides politcally can range. For instance a generalization could be made that if a catholic were republican they would be against abortion and birthcontrol. I think this is a social issue because there are laws involving both of my issues.

I am further interested in abortion and teen pregnancy/prevention because I am pro-choice and dont think it is right to be able to tell a women what she can or cant do with her body. I think this because although abortion may not be seem like the right thing there are extenuating circumstances that it might be and it shouldnt be up for debate whether the government can debate on that or not. I am interested in teen pregnancy/prevention because through my research paper it has come up and deals with abortion and sex education in general. So I have been getting more educated recently in all the areas surrounding this and the government seems to be involved in all aspects.

2 comments:

  1. I am also doing my english research paper on this topic. I agree that the government should not be able to tell someone what to do with their body. I don't feel that it is right to kill babies, but it should be the woman's decision. Especially if the woman was raped or something she shouldn't have to be forced to have the baby if she didn't want it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Rachel that women should be able to do what they choose with there body. It is dumb that some schools are refusing funding because i think it is very nessary to educate todays youth on issues such a abortion and prevention.

    ReplyDelete